Friday, December 19, 2008

Getting ready for Christmas

Yesterday Anthony and I put up our first Christmas tree! Yes it is our first, I'm usually a scrooge but I figured this year I better get Anthony excited for Christmas. Its a little small and kind of sad but Anthony had fun putting the ornaments on. He kept saying "balls" and then when I turned on the lights it was "pretty." The rolls of wrapping paper have now become bats! He loves putting his cars in the wrapping paper rolls, and I get to try and dig them out! Also last night after a lovely visit to my work we drove down the Christmas Street. Anthony loves Christmas lights since my Dad took him down town to see them. He was so quiet while drove down the street and I read the story to him. The people in this neighborhood put up an insane amount of lights and "The Night Before Christmas" is on big signs in all of their yards. When it was done he just wanted "more lights." Hopefully everyone is ready for Christmas, we are slowly getting there! Happy Holidays everyone!

2 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

IT's so fun to see them get excited about Christmas.

The Keil Chronicals said...

Don't be like your mother! I love the decorations but I absolutely HATE to put them up. I need to hire someone to do it for me. I am pretty sad that we are having
Christmas at our house and I don't even have our tree up. }: