Wednesday, July 29, 2009
9 more days
A few months ago Renato and I got into a little argument. I honestly don't remember what it was about, but Renato's way of making it up to me was, "lets go to Hawaii." So of course I start looking at prices. The carribean area looked a bit more interesting because it was a little cheaper, but I needed my passport. So I start the application. A little while later at lunch with my brother-in-law, the boys and Renato it came up that we should go to Brazil. I instantly said no, too much stress. But they talked me into it. So I had to get going with Sam's passport, (we already have Anthony's). With that done we picked a date to go. Renato, the boys, my mother-in-law, brother-in-law, and I are going to Fortaleza. We got our plane tickets and started the wait for passports. Once we had them all then on to visas. Holy paperwork. All the things I had to get together. The Brazilian consulate is only in Los Angeles, and they don't take visa applications by mail. I ended up having to send everything to a service which was ridiculously expensive. Then I'm sitting at work shortly after and get a phone call. I of course don't answer it, because my supervisor is sitting right there. When I listen to the message my heart sank. It was the visa service saying that the boys' applications were rejected. Oh my gosh. By this time we leave in less than a month. Turns out they have to have Brazilian passports. So more paperwork, post office, and yelling a people on the phone. Pain in my butt. Thankfully we got a partial application sent off. We are now 9 days out and still don't have their B passports. Getting scary. Hopefully they get here in time.
We are going to see Renato's family and friends. Honestly I'm scared to death! I'm scared of 12 plus hours on an airplane with kids, heat when we get there, beaches, not speaking the language, and meeting a whole bunch of people. I'm very shy! It will be awesome though. I can't wait to see the look on my father-in-law's face when he sees the kids. He has never seen them in person. Plus he is overdue for his big teddy bear hugs!
Preparation for this trip is insane. I of course need to wear a swimsuit, Ahhh. So Power 90, and moving onto Power 90 X, I got lasered, hair done, nails will be done next week, and shopping. I hate to shop and hate even worse to shop for myself. Do you think that anyone makes shorts that will fit my big waist and chicken legs, no. I did get all the clothes for the boys, gifts for family, diapers, formula, bottles, sippies, sunscreen, flip flops, toys...oh man. Thank goodness we're only going for a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That does sound stressful. I am sure you will all have a great time. I can't wait to see pictures of your vacation. Good luck with all the crazy paperwork.
This was written at 3:39 a.m. Are you that stressed? The kids will be fine and enjoy the adventure.
Good luck girl! I hope you get those passports on time. I know you'll have a good time and the boys will too.
How exciting!I'm so excited for you!!Sounds like a lot to do but it will be worth it when you get there. Miss ya and love ya!
Woa... that is crazy about the passports!! Glad it is all worked out. I hope you have a blast! Can't wait to see pictures. Love ya Mel!
Post a Comment