Monday, July 6, 2009

Mom's foot

Back in April my mom had surgery to fuse the bones in her ankle. She has not seen these pictures and couldn't even look when they were taken. This is before they put the cast on. They took a bone graft from the proximal tibia (top of the big bone in your lower leg). She has such cute legs!
Then put 6 screws (I think) in the tarsal bones (ankle) so hopefully mom won't hurt anymore. Both sides of her ankle were open, but not to big on the right.
It was cool because there was a funky bacteria growing on her. It amazes me how strong bacteria it. I watch surgeries all day long and they prep and use sterile technique, yet bugs still get in there. Luckily it was just on the skin and no big deal. Anthony chose her cast color, blue.
The cast is off now, as these pictures are old. Mom is walking with a crutch and hopefully soon running and jumping again! Love you mom, hope these don't make you too sick.

1 comment:

The Keil Chronicals said...

The toenails are lovely. I am so glad you took these pictures because I am able to see them now without getting sick.