By Thursday we hadn't bought anything. So Renato's friend Reinaldo and his wife took the day off to spend with us. It started with taking the kids to Teresa and Heline. Then of course off to eat! Daniel met us there. It was a picanha restaurant (top sirloin). Very good, and there is this new rice that I have never tasted. Can't remember the name of it, but it had beans and cheese in it, so good. I got to hear some interesting stories about Renato back in the day. He was always the "single" friend. I loved this part! He won't tell me much about the life he had before the U.S.
From the restaurant we went to the center market. This place was a bit scary, because it was so high and open. It freaked me to be on the top floors. We bought some things...candy cashews ha! Heaven. Did a lot of walking. Glouse, Reinaldo's wife is due in October. She didn't complain at all. But it was still early.
After that shopping we went do Bira Mar (I think was the name). Had some ice cream and did some more walking. Glouse showed me her feet at this point and the poor thing was so swollen, but still no complaining. Then the sunset, I don't know what to say...
I've never lived by a beach or been to one very much. I was so surprised at how many people were out and about. There was a soccer game going on, a man practicing martial arts, and couple fishing, kids running around. I loved it. There are people everywhere. So many things to do.
Oh how cheesy!
No comments:
Post a Comment