My nephew asked Renato what he got for Christmas.
Renato, "An ipod."
Nephew, "What kind?"
Renato, "Ummm Apple"
Wow are we getting old?
My Grandpa Harris's party...
...back story a little bit. My Grandpa for most of my life has scared me and I haven't been too fond of him. He has been quite rude and I'm not in his "favorite" category so he hasn't been very pleasant. However since my Grandma died I have slowly seen the softer side of him. Actually now I enjoy being around him, and he is becoming the sweet old man to tug at my heart strings. For the past few years he has given all the grand and great grandkids money. When he gave me mine I gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek. I said, "Thank you Grandpa I really appreciate this." His reply melted my heart, "You're welcome, and thank you for your gift, and the gift of those two wonderful boys I love you." Yeah kills you right there. I thought I was going to start crying right there. I'm so grateful that I have come to this point with my Grandpa while he is still here. The look in his eyes has changed when he looks at me. It is a love that I will always remember.
Christmas night.
Trying to go to sleep but Anthony was wired and wouldn't stop. Renato put him in bed with us as asked him, "Anthony what makes you happy?" He thought for a minute then said, "Mommy makes me happy" Oh my gosh I love him. Renato of course was jealous since Anthony is daddy's boy so he asked, "What else makes you happy?" His response, "Daddy going downstairs to get my gun" I think I peed my pants right then.
Christmas was a rough day and I will post pictures later. But the good times out weigh the bad and I'm grateful for all of our many blessing.
1 comment:
When you look at the good the bad disappears!!!! If you look at the bad none of the good even looks good. What a wonderful thing to read as things wind down. Or in our case, wind down and then wind up again as Annie and Chris and Ben and Heather come here.
Post a Comment