Monday, June 27, 2011

My Three Sons

Here we go again!
It is a little difficult to see, but that is the belly of a pregnant Mel!
He is due November 21st, and we sure hope we make it that far!
If you didn't know, Sam came 6 weeks early because Anthony damaged my uterus and caused the amniotic sac to rupture. I was not in labor, but he had to come out. Still through two pregnancies and I've never felt a contraction!
When my doctor did the c-section he found the damage to the septum between my two uteruses, and told me that my next child or children would progressively be earlier and earlier. He said he would deliver one more of my kids, but if I wanted more then I would have to find another doctor. No problem there, this is the last one!
At my first appointment my doctor said that because of my history he wanted a special early screening ultrasound to make sure things looked good. The ultrasound looked great, and I was measuring a week ahead. This one is in the right uterus which is the one Sam was in, Anthony was in my left. I told the lady doing the ultrasound that I was very nervous that the baby was a girl. Girls are great, but I do not want a daughter. So much so that it was causing me some extreme anxiety! I knew it was early (14 weeks) but she tried to see the sex for me. As soon as she moved the probe to the area she instantly said, "its definitely a boy." I started bawling, happy bawling. I think I scared her because she started apologizing, but I told her that she helped relieve so much stress for me. Renato was a little late to the appointment so he missed the ultrasound. When I showed him the picture of the penis, he said "oh man another boy" Yes I am the only one who wanted a boy! Both my mom and mother-in-law said, "Oh dang it."
So here is our new addition, his profile looks like his brothers did in ultrasounds!
Anthony is pretty excited about a new brother, and he has been very helpful with the pregnancy so far. When I was throwing up and so sick, he would always bring me water and tell me it would be okay. He has also been very certain it was a boy this whole time! He is also coming up with names. His choices are "Anthony two," "Sconida," (I have no idea where he got this from, but he says it is the name of Jesus' car!) and "Jack."
Sam still hasn't quite caught on as to what is happening. But my last appointment I brought him to the doctor with me. He heard the heartbeat and now realizes there is a baby in my belly. When I picked him up from my mom later that day, he reached up and touched my belly and said, "hello baby in the belly!"
It has been a little difficult grasping that we will have another baby, but he sure will be loved. I've been feeling him kick for the past few weeks, and that is such a cool tickle to feel.
Renato is still hoping that the first ultrasound was wrong and he can have a little girl, guess we'll double check next week!
I hope I can still say...MY THREE SONS!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

BABY!!! And I was hoping for a boy too! You were not alone. :D

Emily said...

Yay!!

Congrats Mel! Boys are awesome.