Thursday, October 27, 2011

Special Delivery

I was at work on Monday with about 30 minutes left of my shift. I had to use the restroom and it wasn't quite normal, but I still wasn't sure. When I came out to talk with my co-workers (4 guys) I told them I might not be at work tomorrow, I think my water broke. They kind of freaked and wanted to rush me over to labor and delivery. I said, no that I was going home and if I needed to come back I would.
(right before we left for the hospital, had to get one belly picture)
When I get home I told Renato that we would be having a baby that night, but hopefully closer to the morning. He said, "Really? Should we go now? Yay I'm so happy!" I told him to get some rest and I was going to shower and try to rest too. I knew my doctor had been out of town, and was sure he would be back Tuesday morning because I had an appointment. I really wanted to wait until closer to 7am so he would for sure be there. However, I started getting pretty nervous around 3am. I was having contractions pretty bad (at least bad for me), and I just felt like we needed to go. We packed up the boys and headed for my Dad's house to drop them off. Then hospital here we come.
We arrived at 3:40 and got into a room and hooked up to monitors. When I heard the heartbeat I calmed right down. I knew he was safe. They had to make sure that my water broke by doing a test. It was painful, and positive. The on call doctor told the nurse to see if I was dialated so he knew just how quickly they needed to move. When she told me that I wanted to punch her for even considering it. I have never been checked to see if I was dialated, it is too diffficult and painful. But she did. I thought Renato was going to punch her too. Wow there is definately a reason I have this anatomy...I can't handle the pain! Turns out I was at a 1, and since another emergency was coming in we got to wait a little longer and let my doctor sleep a little longer. At about 6:30 we went into the operating room. I got my spinal, preped, and surgery began.

(getting the BIG needle in my back!)

It seemed to take a long time compared to my other boys to get him out. Then the doctor said, "Its a good thing you're getting a tubal. Your uterus could not handle another baby." Come to find out, it was streched so thin that they could see him moving through the uterus. Another reason that this little guy is meant to be here.

So they tied my tubes, showed me a fibroid on my unused uterus, put them back in my body, and closed me up. The NICU nurses were taking care of our screaming little boy. My first thought when I saw him...He is so perfect, and white!

Oliver Kendall Fiuza

Born October 25th, 2011 at 6:38 am

6 pounds 11 ounces 19 1/4 inches long

2 comments:

Stark Family said...

Congratulations!! He looks perfect, hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Brittany said...

Practically perfect in EVERY way!!! I love my little Oli-oop! And I love you!!