Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My new life!

Samuel is now 5 days old. We came home from the hospital Monday night. I could've stayed til Tuesday but had had enough. When we put Samuel in the car seat I thought someone might arrest me because it just looked wrong! He was so small in there the straps couldn't get any smaller. But the nurse said it was fine as long as someone rides in the back with him. So far the ride home is his only one. He was looking around at all the lights then fell asleep as we got closer to home. I'm slowly getting used to the up all night job of a new mom. Plus it is hard because I can't take care of Anthony on my own. Thank God for my family especially my mom for all the help. Since I can't lift him, someone has to be here with us. My mom bless her heart is doing everything for me! And I really think I'm doing better this time to allow myself to heal. Anthony is getting more used to his little brother. He loves to kiss him and say "tute" and "gickle" after he kisses him. He even held his hand today. Anthony is not liking me any better though. I think its hard for him because I can't hold him or do our normal routine anymore. My wonderful husband has been great. He is such a good sport. He works so hard all day running two businesses, then still has the heart to come home and let me rest, play with the kids, and cook me dinner. He even offers to get up with Samuel. He is so tired, but is helping so much I love him dearly... Oh a funny story. My mom was changing Anthony's diaper today and he has found his penis. He asked my mom what it was and she said "Its your penis" He then had to repeat it over and over. Later when I was changing Samuel's diaper, Anthony pointed to it and said "penis." So now we have some more body parts to add to his extensive vocabulary. Thank you to all of you for your words of congratulations and well wishes. And to those of you who could visit in the hospital it was great to see you. Its amazing how loved you feel when something like the birth of a baby happens.

No comments: