So we had a great Thanksgiving, and I'll tell you about it later. That night I was so exhausted because I only got 1 hour of sleep the night before. (Pregnancy is very uncomfortable) So this night I figured I could go right to sleep, but I was wrong. It took me a while to finally calm down and sleep. The next thing I know it is 4:30am and I wake up thinking ooh I have to pee, but then all this liquid came out of me. I thought I just peed my pants and was going crazy. After calling my mom, and irritating Renato I laid back down and waited for 9am when the doctor's office opened.
I went into the hospital about 10 or 10:30am thinking that I was being a woose for going in there and another paranoid pregnant lady. Well they were nice enough to me and said they needed to see if the fluid was amniotic fluid or just other fluid. The nurse and the resident couldn't get a sample from my cervix, because I'm difficult and my anatomy was not cooperating with them. So I'm thinking okay, they baby looks good, I'm not having contractions, if they keep me here much longer I'm going to be late for work. So I called my boss and let him know I'll probably be an hour or so late. In comes Dr. Froerer. It is the day after Thanksgiving and my doctor is in his street clothes. I'm thinking that was weird, but he said because it was me, he wanted to check. He barely looked inside and said, "well you're ruptured." I of course ask, what that means. He says, "you're gonna have a baby as soon as I get the O.R. ready" Holy crap...5 weeks early, nothing ready, I drove myself there, and I'm supposed to be at work. I called Renato, my mom, my dad, and tried to text people. I honestly was trying to keep myself busy because I was terrified. I didn't want him to come so early. But there wasn't a choice. Things did fall into place...my doctor was on call, my family all had the day off, and other things that just worked out.
So into the O.R. we go. I'd have to admit I was really scared, more for the baby. But at 1412 (2:12pm) I saw my little one's head come out of me. He cried faster than Anthony and he looked pretty big. Turns out he was 6 pounds 11 ounces and 18 inches long. His lungs sounded great cause he was crying so much. His first 1 minute apgar was an 8, he was perfect. Renato brought him close to me and let me see him. He looked just like Anthony and so perfect. Me and Renato just snuggled with our new one as they sewed me up. It was the most beautiful thing. The NICU nurses took him for just a short bit as protocol, but he was so healthy he didn't have to go back. While they were sewing me up Dr. Froerer looked over the drape and said, "you grow good kids!"
Dr. Froerer said that after my pregnancy with Anthony there is now "communication" between the two uteruses. So the amniotic sack went into the other uterus and ruptured. He said that with each pregnancy I will have earlier and earlier babies.
So our little Samuel Fiuza is here, he healthy and very loved.
Oh Anthony's reaction...when he first saw him he said, "cry, cry, cry" and the first day couldn't stop kissing him. By the second day he realized that hes competition and didn't like him. On the third day he was back to kissing him, and calling him "tute"
I'm so happy that I have my three boys!!! They are all great and I love them so much!
8 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS Mel!!! He looks gorgeous!! I love the name Samuel. I am glad he is strong and healthy, and that you are doing well. Hopefully he can come to clogging lunch!! Congrats again! Love you!!
Congratulations. He's adoreable! Glad to hear everyone is doing well.
Congrats! That's awesome. I didn't know Dr. Freoer was your doc. I loved him.. He was my doc.. the best one ever. I still wish he could be my doc. YOu'll have to tell him hi for me. ;)
CONGRATULATIONS! Your little Samuel is soooo cute and what a surprise! Bonnie and I were just in Starbucks earlier today and saw a girl that looked just like you and we both said "wonder how Mels is doing" and now we know! I was going to send in my vote for the name of Samuel. I always wanted to name my son Sam and since I didn't have one, I now have a cute little dog-son named Samuel Joseph. I also sometimes call him Samuel L. Jackson when feeling gruff! Anyway, happy days for you and your family - I'll pass the word along here in Vegas - we all love you!!
YAY YAY YAY!! Congrats girl!! We are SO excited for you all! I am super happy he is healthy and that you both are doing so well!! Thank you for the update!! Love you loads!!
Congratulations!! Little Samuel (glad you decided on the name) didn't want to miss out on all the Christmas celebrations. Anthony is too cute kissing his new brother. I hope all is well. We're very excited for you guys. Get some sleep.
I can't believe it! Your a mom again! What a blessing. I'm glad that everything turned out well he is so adorable
Post a Comment