Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Day in my Life

He just cracks me up! Love that hat!
Sam is holding his bottle Yeah!!!
I read this funny story about age aquired attention deficit disorder. It is all about a woman running around noticing things that need to get done, and getting nothing done. I think today reminded me of that, but I actually got a lot done...
So it begins with Samuel screaming around 6 am, (I went to sleep at 2:30 am) I force Renato to make him a bottle. After Sam finally calms down and I go back to sleep Anthony starts crying for mama. So I go get him, change his diaper and he crawls into bed with us. Where I succeed in getting no more sleep because he kicks me for the next two hours. Finally at 8:30 me and Anthony get up. And the day begins some more. I decide since its nice outside I want to mow the lawn, must borrow a lawnmower because the grass is too long for mine. I get Anthony ready and off to my dad's we go. Anthony of course wants to stay there, and tells me with shaking his finger at me, "stay here mama." So I get the lawnmower, and the weed eater tell my dad I'll be right back. Renato is calling by this time because Sam woke up, "where are you? our son is crying." I take a drive by the house I really want, just to dream for a bit. I get home, pull everything out of the car and mow the lawn. Ah but I forgot the lawn and leaf bags are almost gone, so I decide to use the weed eater for a while. Let me just say that was the first time I used one and that is the coolest thing ever. I had a bit too much fun with the weed eater so I have to go to Lowes to get more string, oh yeah and bags. But before I can leave I must calm Sam down so Renato can calm down too. I get to Lowes which is the most unorganized store, finally find all I need after I gaze for a while at a chain saw. (It would be great to kill the evil bush in my backyard.) Back home I go where I mess with the stupid weed eater string. That is a nightmare, but OCD overcomes and I fix it. Then I realize, I'm hungry I didn't eat anything today. Do a bit more weed eating and convince my husband he can get himself ready while I get the baby dressed. Load up the stuff to go back to my dads. Baby is crying, Renato decides to put my license plate on my new car. Come on come on I'm hungry! We must drive back by the house we want...and what do we see, another one that looks good. Stop write down everything! Then onward again to my dads. Anthony of course is asleep. Sadie wants to hold Sam, I look up the new house (too expensive), and I'm still starving. Highlight of the day, the first time Renato and I have gone to lunch alone in a really long time. Thanks Dad! Unload the car, then load it with kids. Drive back by the house we want, just because its fun! Stop to get a video because after eating I might just take it easy the rest of the day...fat chance. I get home pull some weeds, dig some dirt, get sprayed with a spray bottle in the ear by my two year old. Renato keeps coming out, "the baby is driving me crazy." So after successfully weeding one flower bed, I clean up and the fun begins. My house is a mess, my kids are crying, and my husband is working on something. Super mom kicks in now. The fish tank must be cleaned, (missed last weeks cleaning) kids need baths in a bad way, house must be picked up. So I get all but three fish out of the tank, spill water all over, but get it changed, replace the filters, fill it back up, fish go back in. None died thank goodness. All while I got Sam to sleep, Anthony entertained and my husband watching a movie. Dog is just fascinated by all the movement. Mom calls, wants to see the boys, sorry mom its a little crazy right now. So fish are good, Sam's turn for a bath. He screams, but is now clean! Anthony's turn, Oh MAN. It is scary but by some miracle he doesn't scream until I wash his hair, it was a success! Kids are dressed, Sam is hungry. Make a bottle change the movie for my husband (he needs to be spoiled for some reason) start a movie for Anthony so he will stop saying "wall-ee, wall-ee, wall-ee," and take my pants off because I'm soked! I never even set the baby down. Finally get Sam to sleep. Dishes are starting to stink, must do them. Run around hoping to find all the dirty ones and at the same time pick of things along the way and put them in their homes. Dishes get in the dishwasher, oh man no soap. I think I'm hungry again. I know I must go downstairs for soap, but I should take laundry down with me? Wait I never switched the last laundry so it must be rewashed. So I get the clean clothes out of the dryer, rewash the stinky ones, grab the soap, oh and look a can of chilli I was hungry right? Back upstairs, Anthony wants juice, oops found more dirty dishes. Get the dishwasher going, get the juice, start wiping down the counter. Oh wow there is a screwdriver, oh man I forgot to take the door knob off! So off to my room. Renato wants to go to sleep and need his contact case, remove the knob grab the contact stuff...oh look my clock in my room needs a new battery...put new liquid in for the contacts. Wow Anthony is asleep on the couch. Oh man there is Sams bottle, and another under the couch, I think there was one in my room too, more dirty dishes. Finish the kitchen make some chilli, and I think I'll share my day! I might even get to sleep before midnight.
These are the days I love, it just works when things are crazy!

3 comments:

Kawika and Aly and Emma said...

WOW...I think I will go to sleep now, I am SO exhausted after reading your day!!

Mine went something like this...Wake up after a nice long nights rest (emma finally slept through) got ready and went to Stake conference. Came home changed, headed to our friends where they cooked for me. Came home fed Emma played and put her down! Then watched a movie with the hubby....

I know I know, pretty crazy day for me too!! ;)

Love ya girl!! Miss you like crazy!

Linds Forrest said...

Woa Mel!! Love the play by play. Love your attitude on life and how you can hear the love you have for your family, being a mom and a wife!! You're so amazing Mel!

The Keil Chronicals said...

Crazy!! Anthony can really bring a smile to your face when he looks at you like he did in his picture with the hat. You're a great mom.