Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kindof funny kindof scary

So today I had my friends Paul and Lara over with their new little baby girl. We were changing the little ones' diapers and Anthony was just being shy. He went into my room and closed the door. I could hear him talking and with it being muffled I decided to go check on him. He managed to close the door and lock it, for the first time I realized that the lock on my door is a key lock not your normal indoor house lock. So I thought, oh crap...I have never seen a key to this door...how do I get him out? I tried to talk him through unlocking it, but of course two year old rarely listen, let alone obey! I started to get a little freaked, and figured I would just kick the door in. Paul being the calm smart one of the moment, went to my neighbors and borrowed a latter. After a few tries of each one of us up the latter we finally got the window open, and Paul crawled in and rescued my Anthony! He looked up at Paul and said, "won't work!" So of course I now have removed the door knob completely and it will not be returning until I get a non key lock knob! Moral of the story childproofing is never done!

1 comment:

Sarah C said...

That is a funny story. I am glad you were able to get in your room. Your family is so cute!