Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mother's Day

This year was my third Mother's Day, wow it goes by fast. Honestly I prepared for this day for about two months. I was glad to see it over! I decided that for the moms in my life I was going to go all out for them. They do so much for me and my family that I wanted to reward them. So the first item was a bit of pampering for putting up with me...couples massages. Hopefully they will use them. Then my friend Sheryl took the boys' pictures so I got some good ones of them. (I should really get them on here.) Then the biggest and hardest gift were the molds. I tried to make statues of the boys' hands and feet. The original plan was a set of hands and a set of feet from each boy for each mom/grandma. Ha ha ha, that was crazy. It turned out that I only got one hand or foot of just Sam. Those things were cool but very frustrating. Life was crazy the couple of weeks approaching the big day. It all turned out really well and I hope that all the moms in our lives really know how much we love them.
As for my big day...I got to sleep in until 9:45am wow! I can't remember when I slept that late last. Then we went to Market Street Grill for brunch. I had never been there and it was fabulous. The best orange juice I've ever tasted. Anthony decided while we were there that he wanted to hold Sam, and it was just too cute. I even taught him to say Happy Mother's Day. He didn't quite master it, but it was cute. After the wonderful food we went home and I did yard work. Yes quite odd, but I love to do yardwork and Sundays are the only days Renato is home. After a while of that I went to visit the Barrys. They are my good friend's parents and I had a little gift for them. Then off to my moms. I made her cry which is good. They were happy tears. I love it when I do that! The other mothers got their presents either the day before or a week later. I just wanted a relaxing day it was wonderful. My present I just got today...a new Toro lawnmower and a weed eater. I'm so excited. Our old lawnmower was a piece and needs to be retired. Thank you to my wonderful husband for the best gift, the tools, but more importantly our little boys!

3 comments:

The Keil Chronicals said...

I laughed and cried the whole time I looked at all the pictures. My favorite is when he is in the yellow things and his hands are on his cheeks. Wait till brother grows up, they will have a blast together. Thanks, this made my day.

Linds Forrest said...

Those pictures of them holding eachother is so sweet! Glad you had a good Mother's day Mel, you deserve it girl!

TheKeilShpeel said...

OH.. you crack me up with the lawnmower.. You really do love yardwork. :)