Tuesday, May 11, 2010

To my Mother

I'm a little late...sorry
To the BEST mother in the world!
Happy Mother's Day
You brought me into this world
Taught me how to be a mother by your example
You love unconditionally
You are the light of my life
Some of my favorite memories...
"I may not know what you feeling, but I'm sick of watching you feel it. So stop it and do something about it!" (saved my life!)
When Sam was born and you hugged me and we cried together at how perfect he is!
Watching you cry while you did the laundry or the dishes at 11pm. It showed me you were vulnerable, but soooo strong!
Any moment that you spend with my kids. The way their eyes light up at the sight of you!
When I caught the toaster on fire...you came home early and looked at me and said, "you did the right thing"
Setting up your classroom for the first time!
Helping you remember how to teach one of your lectures!
The way you could get my bangs to stay so fluffy
How carefully you pulled those cactus spikes out of my hand
Watching you study, and when you would take me to school with you.
That clock that is in your room...when I would have bad dreams I would snuggle with you and stare at that clock...the safest place in the world!
Your call today just to tell me my yard looked really good, it really boosted my day!
Your wisdom, your kindness, strength, airheadedness, your love!
Everything!
I love you sooooo much more than I can say!
I hope that you always know just how special you are to so many people.
And in the words of Anthony..."I wanna go see Grandma Shauna, I love her"
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
XOXO

2 comments:

The Keil Chronicals said...

What a wonderful way to end my day, except the sobbing.

Linds Forrest said...

Wow what a cute tribute. She sounds amazing. I wish I could have met her one of those many times we boogied on stage!! Hope to see you sometime soon. Your boys are so gorgeous Mel!!