Turning 30 by Andy Rooney
This is for all you girls 30 years and older...and for those who are turning 30, and for those who are SCARED of moving into their 30s! Written by Andy Rooney, from CBS 60 minutes. He says:
As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:
-A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you're thinking.
Or sleep is just too important to worry about those things in the middle of the night!
-If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, its usually something more interesting.
-A women over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.
Its actually quite refreshing to feel this way! Remember back in junior high when everyday getting dressed in the morning was so stressful, because of worrying what others might think. Ha ha ha, I really don't give a damn what others think anymore!
-Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.
And I do have a gun:)
-A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she know her friends won't betray her.
So valuable to have true friends!
-Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
I quite like this way of thinking!
-Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you're a jerk, if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
I thought this just went along with not caring what other think! Maybe this does come with age, but I seem to remember a certain girl named Brittany back in high school who never questioned how I felt about her! Maybe I'm just getting more kind at letting people know that I can't stand them! On the other hand...if I don't hate you, then I really like you and will like you forever!
Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free." Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.
I can't say that I agree, I really like my husband. He isn't a pig, and I'm not a cow!
2 comments:
I had never heard that last phrase before but it's kind of funny and I can see it being true for men out there. I love my hubby and don't think he's a pig either.
I was terrified to hit 30 too but it's good. It's totally true. You care less about what people think of you, you feel more confident in yourself, you are closer to your carreer or what you want to be doing in life, where in your 20's you are trying to figure it out. You are just more settled for the most part. It's just good all around.
I will love you always. 30,40,50, ... I can tell you, I am 58 and I never could be so myself, and so happy, as I am now.
Age doesn't matter, but it's amazing to learn and enjoy each second of our lives.
Have a happy birthday week, Mel, and God bless the beautiful person that He created in you. Kisses from your mother in law.
Post a Comment