Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Impatiently Waiting...and gross!

School, school, school.
Who knew that choosing a school for your child was such a difficult thing! Because of where we live Anthony has two choices for public school, and at least four choices for charter school. (I found out later there were more charter schools) If he goes to the one public school he gets to ride the bus, which he would love, but I also heard there was a HUGE number of kids entering kindergarten with him. The other public school I would have to drive him every day. Thats not a bad thing, but a lot of people have told me that the other school is much better. Now onto the charter schools. I like that there are limits to the number of kids in the class. I think Anthony needs that. In order to get in, you have to enter a lottery. I think its funny they call it that, because you're more likely to get struck by lightening than win the lottery! Anyway I entered him into 4 lotteries thinking that for sure he would get into one. Of course I've been checking my email constantly and waiting for phone calls that never came. So I am at a crossroads, what do I do? Wait for him to hopefully get into one, or just register him at one of the public schools (that I can't decided on either)? One of the charter schools started putting up a waiting list status. You can log onto their website and see where he stands. He started at 39, I about gave up at that point but decided to keep watching. Soon it went to 36, and 32. Onto 29 and 28. Stayed there for a while, then dropped to 15, FIFTEEN! Its kind of like watching water boil, only you know eventually the water will boil! Yesterday I looked and he was at 14, then later on that evening 11. Today he is at 10. So lets all will the count down to go a little faster, so this mom and start planning things!
Sam gets to go to preschool next year, and of course I was so worried about Anthony's I didn't apply for Sam's in time. They were all full, or cost like a bagillion dollars a month. But luckily the lady called the other day and he is in! At least I know where Sam will be.
The hope was for me to go back to school, (I am going in the summer). I've been trying to register for Fall semester, but I was thinking about it I will have three kids in three different places. Anthony at kindergarten, Sam at preschool or daycare, and Oli is too young to go to the U daycare so he would have to go somewhere else. So the verdict right now is to take another semester off. Oh well I guess it will be better if I stay home a while longer.
Random...
Anthony and Sam ran up to me and said, Mom watch. They are passing a sucker, without the stick, between eachother's mouths. Really? Really? Where on Earth do they come up with these things!

No comments: