Thursday, January 28, 2010

Organization

Lets just say I LOVE to organize...
With the start of the new year I began my real part-time status at work. I now only work three days a week. Strange for me I know. It turned out that before school started I had a whole week off of work. I decided it was time to get the house in order. It started in the garage. Threw away so much crap that renters left behind and swept out spider webs. Luckily we have big garbage pick up the first thursday of the month so I started filling up our sidewalk on monday. I made it through the whole house. Decluttered everything, made places for everything. Set up the boys' playroom, and office, and a guest room. It is so lovely to have organization its just good for the soul.
I do however take some things to extreme. You know in the movie Sleeping with the Enemy where Julia Roberts is required to turn all the soup cans with the labels facing forward. I'm like that! Baby food jars, all canned goods, pepsi cans, boxed things, toilet paper rolls, cleaning products...they all face with the labels forward and in a perfect line. Its really quite beautiful. I even organize clothes by color, type, and frequency of use. My small collection of DVDs is even alphabetized. And of course the toilet paper roll must come off the roll from the bottom! While I'm confessing some of my OCDness it extends to work. Work is probably where I have the hardest time. There are thousands of products that are put on shelves. You would think this is heaven for me, but other people mess it up. A big part of my job is taking things off of those shelves. I take things off the shelves in a certain order. I don't think that my coworkers know this! When they help in my area it drives me crazy when they take a gown or light handle off the shelf out of order.
My "organizational" skills actually come in handy. Since I'm am part time now I make pretty much 65% less money than I used to. This means I have to live on a very tight budget. So that means organizing things!! I love the process of paying bills (don't really like the money going away). All of my bills are so organized it a little sick.
I just figured I would share a little bit of my OCDness to get it off my chest. Maybe now I can loosen up about a few things, but I doubt it. I am however sticking to two of my new year's resolutions...organize the house, and stick to the budget!

No comments: