Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Who is ready for school??
Anthony!
Leading up to the first day of preschool, Anthony kept asking if he could go to school. He missed going to the daycare at the U, (he called it school) and wanted me to find him a new school with friends. So finally he was taken off the waitlist and enrolled in pre-k!
He was so excited he even sat down all by himself for a haircut. It was his best cut ever, and he wanted a mowhawk!
The morning of school he made me put gel in his hair, he had to put on his smell goods (cologne), and brushed his teeth extra long. He even packed his own backpack although I have no clue what was in it!
Anthony was so excited and ready to go but I, on the other hand, was having a hard time. His whole life I have been able to drop him off at babysitters or day care, but school was hard. Luckily Renato left work and met us at the school. His teachers were waiting outside and Anthony chose the red ring to hold. We gave him a kiss and he walked in. I didn't even cry! Sam kept saying, "I want my Anthony back." That about breaks your heart.
Then two hours later Sam and I got to pick him up! Seems silly, two hours.
Sam missed him so much, they had to hug.
Congratulations to my big boy, first day of preschool, being so independant, and most of all...an amazing kid. Love you Anthony!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: